Systemwide Leadership Team
Dr. Brown has been the Executive Director of Lakeway Christian Schools since its inception in 2016. This system of schools was formed through the merger of Cornerstone Academy and a new school called Lakeway Christian Academy. The schools came together under a single Board of Directors to provide quality Christian education in the Lakeway Region of East Tennessee. Recently, the Tri-Cities Christian School in upper East Tennessee was added to the system.
Dr. Brown lives in Jefferson City with his wife Linnie, a school teacher in Blount County Schools. They have three adult children, all married, and seven grandchildren.
He graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1981 and holds post graduate degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, TX and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Hamilton, MA. Dr. Brown served as a pastor for over thirty years, as well a Church Revitalization Specialist for the Tennessee Baptist Convention. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas, as well as Interim Pastor for churches throughout East Tennessee.
- College University of Tennessee (1981)
- Master's Degree Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (1985)
- Doctorate Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (1995)
Dr. Cline joined the Lakeway Family in January of 2021. A native of Jefferson County, Dr. Cline brings a proven track record of visionary leadership with a passion for serving Christ through his church and in the community. His record as an educator reveals an accomplished school leadership professional. He has helped in developing high-impact initiatives and educational processes resulting in long-term, sustainable growth. A teambuilding strategist, Dr. Cline brings expertise in cultivating strong teams, creating a culture of excellence, and aligning resources with school mission, values, and objectives.
- Bachelor of Arts Carson-Newman University
- Masters of Education Carson-Newman University
- Educational Specialist Carson-Newman University
- Doctorate of Educational Leadership Carson-Newman University
- Postgraduate Vanderbilt University, North Carolina State University
- College Liberty University
- Master's Degree Liberty University
- Postgraduate Lincoln Memorial University
- Master's Degree Carson-Newman University
- College The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2010)
Burns has more than 18 years of ministry experience, and has served as a local pastor and producer for Christian concerts, events, and conferences. Before coming to Lakeway Christian Schools, he served as the Executive Director of Marketing for Chick-fil-A West Knoxville. Burns is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and management. He also attended Asbury Theological Seminary, where he studied for his Master of Divinity, with a focus in church planting and leadership.
As communications director, Burns will manage communications, marketing, creative, and community engagement for Lakeway Christian Schools. He joins the administration of Lakeway Christian Schools and will work closely with the Head of Schools.
"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people" - Ephesians 6:7
- BS - Business Administration and Management Virginia Commonwealth University (2009)
- Master of Divinity Asbury Seminary Theological Seminary (In Progress)
- College University of Richmond (2004)
- Master's Degree Liberty University (2013)
- College King University (2014)
- Master's Degree King University (2015)
- BS - Dietetics Harding University (2005)
- Postgraduate Vanderbilt University (2006)
- MS - Nutrition Education American University (2019)
- College University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Certified Computer Forensic Investigator INFOSEC
- Certified Cisco Internet Engineer CISCO
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Microsoft
- BS - Computer Science University of Maryland (1994)