Welcome to all the latest E-Weekly news for Lakeway Christian Schools! Use the buttons below to easily navigate the information you're looking for!
What is CTE Month?
Career and Technical Education Month®, or CTE Month®, is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
LCA CTE program highlight: Audio Visual Production and Computer Science
In this week's CTE Program Highlight, we spent some time with Mr. Calvin discussing Audio / Visual and Computer Science at Lakeway.
FACTS Grant & Aid
If you have submitted an application for FACTS Grant & Aid for 2021-2022, they are currently under review and families that qualify should be notified of their award soon. Please be sure that your application is complete and all tax documents and W-2s have been uploaded. Thank you for your patience!
- All families at Lakeway Christian Schools with students in grades K-12 are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- Families must re-apply for financial assistance every year.
- Awards are given out based on financial need according to the FACTS Grant & Aid application.
- PreK families are not eligible for financial assistance.
Contact email@example.com with all questions about enrollment for 2021-2022!
The above items and more are now available for preorder through March 1 at The Den. Click here to view all preorder items.
Christian Life: Lent at Lakeway
In chapel this week, Rev. Stacy Morgan shared with our students and staff about the upcoming Lenten season. Below is a link to some of the key thoughts Mr. Morgan shared as he encouraged each of us to take the next several weeks to grow in our faith and intentionally focus on becoming more like Jesus. We would love for you to join us as we read Scriptures each day during Lent.
Congratulations to the Lakeway Girls Basketball team - REGIONAL CHAMPIONS!
- DII-A District Tournament MVP: Jordaynia Ivie
- DII-A East Region Tournament MVP: Jordaynia Ivie
- DII-A East All-Region Tournament Team: Madi Hawk, Jordaynia Ivie and Maggie Vick
- DII-A All-District Tournament Team: Jordaynia Ivie, Maggie Vick and Rebeka Kinkevicius
- DII-A All-District Team: Kayle Yates, Madi Hawk, Halli Stuffle, Jordaynia Ivie and Maggie Vick
- TSSAA DII-A Miss Basketball Finalists: Jordaynia Ivie and Maggie Vick
- McDonald’s All-American Nominations: Jordaynia Ivie and Maggie Vick
The Lions host the TSSAA DII-A State Tournament quarterfinals Friday (February 26) at 6 p.m.
LCA Athletic Events - COVID Response Plan
Effective February 1, Governor Bill Lee has lifted restrictions limiting cheerleaders and members of the general public from attending TSSAA athletic events. With that, we have adjusted Phase Yellow of our COVID response plan and we are excited to welcome our fans back to Lakeway Arena.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Seating will be first-come, first-serve with a limited capacity per TSSAA guidelines
- Only LCA/CCA students will be permitted - and must have a student pass to enter (see instructions below)
- The TSSAA rules regarding wearing masks and social distancing remain in effect
Student and Faculty / Staff passes:
CCA / LCA students are free to games at LCA. In order to redeem that free ticket, students must register in advance using their student ID. LCA student ID's are available on their lunch card. CCA student ID's will be emailed to them. Once you redeem your free ticket (at the link below - click "Have a passcode?"), you will receive a bar code to enter each game.
CCA / LCA faculty and staff are free to games at LCA. In order to redeem that free ticket, please register in advance using the last four digits of your social security number. Once you redeem your free ticket (at the link below - click "Have a passcode?"), you will receive a bar code to enter each game.
Don’t forget, if you cannot make it, all of our home games are streamed live on www.nfhs.com/schools/lakeway-christian-academy-morristown-tn.
Lakeway Fine Arts:
Lakeway Band is holding a band concert on Friday, February 26 at 7:30 p.m. The time has been adjusted so that families can attend the basketball game and the band concert. What a great night at Lakeway! More details on the band concert has been communicated directly to band families.
Lost and Found at LCA
A number of items have been collected around campus lately. If you have misplaced something, please check in the Christian Life Suit to claim what is yours.
Seniors - have you ordered your cap and gown yet?
It is time to start preparing for your Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony!
Contact Mrs. Talley with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
LCA's Campus will remain in Phase Yellow of our COVID Response Plan.
Please continue to monitor your students for symptoms prior to coming to school each day. Please remember: If you have someone in your household who is showing symptoms and/or awaiting results of a COVID test, please keep your whole family out of school. This eliminates the risk of exposure until you know for sure.
You may have heard some changes from the health department regarding quarantine guidelines. Click here for an updated COVID Response Plan for Lakeway Christian Schools.
A few important details of phase yellow:
- face coverings are required whenever students / faculty and staff cannot socially distance
- no visitors are allowed on campus
- no early drop off on late-start Wednesdays (campuses open at 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday)
It's time to order your 2020-2021 LCA Yearbook
LCA yearbooks are $40/each and can be purchased by clicking the link below.
Afternoon Study Hall:
Focus. Study. Learn. Grow
The Lakeway Christian Academy media center will be open Tuesday afternoons 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm for any students wanting a quiet place to study. Chaperoned by Lakeway faculty, students can remove distractions and focus on their studies in the quiet, cozy media center.
To attend, students must sign up by the end of the day Monday in the front office, media center, or with Mrs. Mansour.
COVID UPDATE - Hybrid Yellow
CCA remains in the Hybrid Yellow phase of our COVID Response Plan.
Here's what you need to know:
- Aftercare will resume during Hybrid Yellow - available until 5:30 p.m. for an additional cost
- Regular drop off times will resume
- Regular recess and Chapel will resume
- Still no visitors permitted on campus unless deemed necessary by administration
- Still masks whenever adults cannot socially distance
- Still no Cornerstone Youth Sports
Thank you for your flexibility during this time.
Please continue to monitor your student's symptoms before sending them to school each day and remember, if someone in your household who is showing symptoms and/or awaiting results of a COVID test, please keep your whole family out of school. This eliminates the risk of exposure until you know for sure.
It's time to order your 2020-2021 CCA Yearbook
CCA yearbooks are $35/each and can be purchased by clicking the link below.
5th grade families: There will be an opportunity to purchase 1/8th or 1/4th of a page to celebrate your 5th grader. Look for an email later this week on how to order your 5th grade salute!
Lost and Found at CCA
A number of items have been collected around campus lately. If you have misplaced something, please check in the office to claim what is yours.
The Cornerstone Family Association desires to love our families well and serve them when they are in need. We have created a hospitality request form to connect the CFA with the needs across our campus.