Welcome to all the latest E-Weekly news for Lakeway Christian Schools! Use the buttons below to easily navigate the information you're looking for!
Summer Camp Registration is Now Open
Both LCA / CCA campuses remain in phase green.
Please remember: If you have someone in your household who is showing symptoms and/or awaiting results of a COVID test, please keep your whole family out of school. This eliminates the risk of exposure until you know for sure.
Invite your Favorite Pastor:
We appreciate all our pastors do for the Lakeway Community. We are inviting all local pastors to join us for a casual breakfast, time of fellowship and tour of our facilities. It is our small way of saying Thank you!
Share the link below with your favorite pastor:
Medical Forms for 2021-2022
Summer is just around the corner ... and things get busy ... so this is your friendly reminder to please make doctor's appointments now so that you are prepared!
We need documentation from a physician to treat your student on campus. This includes the ability for medicine to be distributed in the clinic, an allergy action plan, asthma action plan, diabetes action plan, etc. These forms can be found on our website and are REQUIRED to have a physician’s signature (for prescription and over the counter medication). No medication will be given on campus without this documentation.
Visit the clinic page on our website for all the necessary forms and details!
Bus Drivers Needed!
Lakeway Christian Schools is needing CDL drivers to help with extra-curricular transportation.
Planning for 2021-2022:
1. 2021-2022 Calendar
2. Financial Assistance Program
If you have submitted an application for FACTS Grant & Aid for 2021-2022, they are currently under review and families that qualify should be notified of their award soon. Please be sure that your application is complete and all tax documents and W-2s have been uploaded. Thank you for your patience!
- All families at Lakeway Christian Schools with students in grades K-12 are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- Families must re-apply for financial assistance every year.
- Awards are given out based on financial need according to the FACTS Grant & Aid application.
- PreK families are not eligible for financial assistance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with all questions about enrollment for 2021-2022!
LCA Junior / Senior Prom NEXT Saturday!
Our Junior / Senior Prom is NEXT Saturday, April 24.
Here are some important details for you to know:
- Prom Tickets are still available for purchase! All tickets must be pre-purchased (there will be no tickets for sale the night of prom). Tickets are $30.00/student and $60.00/couple. Click here to purchase tickets now.
- Prom guests that are not currently enrolled at LCA must be pre-approved prior to attending. Click here to download a guest approval form. This form must be submitted to Mrs. Ellen Reed before Friday, April 23. Guests who have not received approval prior to arriving at the Prom will be sent home.
- All students and guests must follow our prom dress code guidelines. Click here to view those guidelines. All dresses must be pre-approved by one of the following: Ms. Miles, Mrs. Reed, Miss McKinnish, or Mrs. Inman before Friday, April 23.
- Prom Photo Packages will be available for purchase the night of prom. ProPhoto will be on site to take professional photos as requested. Click here for pricing options.
- Prom will be held in our LCA commons on April 24th from 7:00-10:00 PM. All students and their guests must be checked-in through the main LCA entrance on prom night. If students choose to leave at any point throughout the night, they will not be permitted to return.
- Please note that any student that is quarantined, has COVID-19, or has COVID symptoms will not be allowed to attend prom and must follow our Lakeway Christian Schools COVID Response plan.
We are so excited for the opportunity to host LCA's first prom on our brand-new campus! Please direct any questions to Mrs. Winstead at email@example.com
Mark your Calendar
April 24: Junior / Senior Prom (7-10)
April 26: CTP Testing for MS Students (grades 6-8)
May 5: The Hunt
May 7: LCA Band Concert
May 13: LCA Chorus Concert
May 20: LCA Awards - Virtual Ceremony
May 21: Last Day of School (11:30 a.m. dismissal)
May 21: Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony
MS End of Year Testing
During the week of April 26th, Middle School teachers will be administering online summative assessments to students in Grades 6 through 8. The Comprehensive Testing Program (CTP) online assessment is a national, independent, and locally norm-referenced test published by the Educational Research Bureau (ERB). More details will be shared with families this week to make sure your students are prepared!
National Latin Exam Results
Congratulations to the following LCA students who placed on the National Latin Exam:
- Summa Cum Laude (The Highest Latin Award in the Nation): Cooper Campbell, Hailey Underwood
- Maxima Cum Laude (Second Highest): Katie Fultz, Micah Catron, Madeline Jones
- Magna Cum Laude (Third Highest): Bo McGhee
- Cum Laude (Fourth Highest): Essie Jett
LCA International Missions Trip Opportunity
Our first LCA international missions' opportunity is set for March 2022. We will be traveling to serve with and learn from fellow believers in Managua, Nicaragua.
Current 9th - 11th grade students interested in learning more about this opportunity should contact, LCA Director of Campus Life, Jason Moyer (firstname.lastname@example.org). An informational meeting will take place later this month.
Mock Trial Team
We are excited to announce that next year Lakeway Christian Academy will have a Mock Trial Team. This team will learn about rule of law, court-room procedures, how to prepare a case for trial. Mr. Morgan will sponsor our student team as we prepare for state competition. Our team will be coached by Cashauna Lattimore, Assistant Public Defender (4th Judicial District). This is a fantastic opportunity to have fun while learning about our judicial system.
If you are interested or want more information, please click below to fill out an interest form:
Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony
Please save the date for our Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony - Friday, May 21, 2021. We are excited to celebrate this group of students and wish them well on all their future endeavors.
A few important notes for our senior families:
- Regardless of the phase of our COVID response plan we are in during the school day at that time, attendance will be limited due to COVID protocol. Senior families received information about how many guests they are able to invite into the Performing Arts Center for the ceremony last week.
- Graduation Caps and Gowns must be ordered through Jostens by Tuesday, March 2. This will allow delivery well in advance so that we can prepare for an on-campus photo shoot with our Class of 2021. Remember, caps and gowns will be stored on campus until graduation rehearsal. Contact Mrs. Talley with any questions (email@example.com).
- A senior form will be circulated soon to get more information about your teacher blessing choices, thank you's, shirt size and more!
CCA Musical Production
Mark your Calendar
April 26: CCA NO SCHOOL (Teacher In-service)
April 27 - 30: CCA End of Year Testing (Grades 3-5)
May 3 - 7: 5th grade celebration week
May 7: Beach Day (Grade 1)
May 14: CCA Awards Day (details coming soon!)
May 19: CCA Field Day!
May 21: Last Day of School (11:30 a.m. dismissal, no aftercare)
No School at CCA - Monday, April 26
5th Grade Celebration Week (May 3-7)
We are planning a very special week pf recognition and activities for our 5th grade students at CCA and we want you to get involved. Below is a quick overview of the week so that you can start to prepare. An email with more details will be sent to 5th grade parents in the next few days so that you can support and possibly even attend some of these activities. This will be a truly memorable week for our 5th graders as we celebrate with them this exciting and new transition to Middle School.
CCA Yearbook - LAST CHANCE to order!
If you missed the first window to order a yearbook, good news ... we have re-opened the yearbook website for ONE LAST WEEK so that you don't miss this opportunity to celebrate your student's year at CCA!
CCA Yearbooks are $35/each. The FINAL DEADLINE to order a CCA Yearbook will be Friday, April 23.