Clinic / Nurse
Important Note from our School Health Clinic regarding COVID-19
Please direct all questions / concerns relating to COVID at Lakeway Christian Schools to: COVID@LCSTN.ORG.
Our school nurses are working to keep our campuses safe and will respond to the email above between school hours (Monday - Friday). When situations arise outside of school hours, they are doing their best to respond, but please do not reach out to our school nurses on their personal phones or individual work emails.
LCS COVID Response Plan Reminders and Updates | August 25, 2021
Cornerstone and Lakeway Families,
I hope that each of you are well! This has been a tremendously successful start to the school year. I want to thank each of you for supporting our schools and entrusting us with your children each day. It is a great honor and privilege to partner with you. As we move throughout the year, we are committed to adapting to the needs of our families, students, faculty, and staff. I have highlighted below important reminders and updates to the Lakeway Christian Schools COVID Response Plan. It is our goal to provide our students with a distinctly Christian education in the safest and most appropriate environment possible.
Lakeway Christian Schools is not contact tracing. All contact tracing will be completed by local health officials and the student’s medical provider. Lakeway Christian Schools will follow prescribed and recommended quarantine given by local health officials and the student’s medical provider.
If you receive information your child is considered a close contact to someone who tested positive for COVID, then you should contact your physician or the TN Dept of Health to get quarantine guidance. Please contact the school nurse if your child is placed in quarantine.
If your child is considered a household contact, then you should contact your physician or the TN Dept of Health to get quarantine guidance. Please contact the school nurse if your child is placed in quarantine.
At Home COVID Testing
If a student and/or household member tests positive for COVID using an at home COVID test, please contact your doctor or TN Dept of Health for quarantine guidance. Please contact your school nurse with a return date, so your absence will be excused.
Questions regarding COVID, Quarantine, or Household Contact
If you have questions on COVID, quarantine status, or household contact families are encouraged to contact your child’s healthcare provider or the TN Department of Health.
If your child is positive for COVID-19 or has been quarantined because they were a close contact, please notify the school nurse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our theme verse for the 2021-2022 school year is Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” The Apostle Paul was reminding us that we find joy and comfort in our salvation. As we adapt and navigate the 2021-2022 school year, we will strive to do so through the lens of rejoicing in the Lord always! Thank you for your continued support of Lakeway Christian Schools.
Kevin Cline, EdD
Head of Schools
Lakeway Christian Schools
How to Provide Medical Info for Your Child
Step 1 - Information on RenWeb
RenWeb is the one point of access for our nurse, teachers and administration to know all medical information pertaining to each student.
Instructions to add medical information:
- Log into your ParentsWeb account (click here)
- Select “School” on the left
- Select “Web Forms” on the left
- Complete the “Family Demographic Form” where you can update custodial contact information, emergency contacts, authorized pickups, medical information (under student demographic), etc.
*Medical information: anything diagnosed by a doctor must be documented on RenWeb (i.e. allergies, asthma, medication, epi-pens, inhalors, diabetes, etc.
Step 2 – Submit Appropriate Forms
We need documentation from a physician to treat your student on campus. This includes the ability for medicine to be distributed in the clinic, an allergy action plan, asthma action plan, diabetes action plan, etc. These forms can be found on our website and are REQUIRED to have a physician’s signature (for prescription and over the counter medication).
No medication will be given on campus without this documentation.
- This form must be signed by your physician if the medication is prescribed.
- This form must be printed and accompany the medication.
- No medication of any kind will be given to your child until this information is completed and returned to school.
- All prescription medication must be in a pharmacy-labeled container.
- All Over-the-Counter medication must be in the unopened original container.
- If any changes in medication occur during the school year, a new form must be completed along with a new pharmacy-labeled / unopened original container.
* All medication must be delivered and retrieved by parent/guardian only. A student must never carry medication on his/her person or take medication at school, except in the clinic.