DISTANCE LEARNING NOTES (March 29, 2020)
- As we move into another week of Distance Learning at CCA, our classes will be utilizing a few new technology tools to enhance learning (Zoom, Seesaw). Our teachers communicated details at the end of last week and most classes did a test run. As always, if you have questions, contact your classroom teacher.
- Teachers will be posting a "Question of the Day." The response to this question counts as attendance for the day.
- During this unique distance learning experience the continuation of education is our top priority. In order to facilitate this in the most effective way, we are focusing on the subject areas of Bible, Reading and Math. Teachers will provide lessons and practice assignments in these areas. These assignments should be treated like the schoolwork that would be accomplished on any school day. Participation and completion of this material is expected in order to maintain forward progress toward the next grade level. Teachers will also provide enrichment opportunities in other areas of instruction. These assignments will be considered optional.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page to enjoy a daily video from a member of our Cornerstone team (read aloud, nature walk, PE, Chapel and more!).
The Bible promises that God works all things together for good and we are trusting in that. I close each faculty meeting by saying, “I love you, Jesus loves you and you are blessed!” Let me close by saying the same to you.
Dr. Ragan Long
Art at Home!
It's time to go to art class ... Mrs. Cox has put together some videos so that you can continue to practice your skills while at home.
From CCA's Library ...
Tonight Andrew Peterson, well known Christian author, musician, and entertainer will begin reading Book 1 of The Wingfeather Saga for the whole family. Students can listen any time on youtube but the live reading will be at 8:00 p.m. each evening.
“These books will teach you and your children to be brave and noble in the face of adversity.” ------Caleb Cooke
Read an eBook!
Use Tennessee R.E.A.D.S. with your local library card to sign in and checkout a book to read in a browser or on Kindle.
Don’t have a library card? Morristown-Hamblen Library has an online application.
Support during Distance Learning
Our main office is currently closed, but we have set up the following channels to support you while we are out of school:
- Student support
- Specific class questions - contact your teacher!
- LCA Principal
Mr. David McVicker
- CCA Principal
Dr. Ragan Long
Mr. Stephen Denny
- Distance Learning at CCA
- eLearning at LCA
- CFA Facebook Group
- LFA Facebook Group
- School Meal Finder