The future is very bright for all three schools, but in order to truly appreciate all that God is doing, we need to take a look at how it all began...
Tri-Cities Christian Academy was founded in 1973 and is the most recent addition to Lakeway Christian Schools. Cornerstone Christian Academy was established in 2006. Lakeway Christian Academy was established in 2018.
Jun 23, 2017
Cornerstone Academy cut the ribbon during a ceremony held by the Morristown Area Chamber of Commerce in celebration of the completion of the school’s $11 million expansion.
The addition completed in 2017, included 16 new classrooms, a music and art suite, a library, a cafeteria and gymnasium with a pass-through staging area for hosting performances and speakers, office spaces, an updated foyer and secure entrance and a meeting room designed to host chapel gatherings.
Tri-Cities Christian Academy was founded in 1973 as a non-profit educational institution chartered by the state of Tennessee and operated by a Board of Directors.
TCA is a nondenominational school that exists for the purpose of educating preschool through senior high students and making this education genuinely a Christian education.
The first school building occupied by TCA (formerly named Tri-Cities Christian Schools, TCCS) was located at 1200 East Center St. in Kingsport, TN. Four classrooms rented from the city of Kingsport served as both office and classrooms for grades 9, 10, 11 in the fall of 1973 with twenty-seven students in attendance on opening day.
In 2009, TCA consolidated its elementary schools to the main campus located in Blountville, TN. The Blountville campus now hosts the K4 Junior Eaglet Program in addition to Kindergarten-12 grade students.
In 2014, TCCS became accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). This recognition further reinforced the robust programs delivered by the school.