Mid-Summer Update / Back to School Info
Dear Lakeway Families -
We hope you are enjoying your summer and getting reenergized for a new school year. It is an exciting time at Lakeway Christian Schools and as we continue to improve in all areas, we are committed to making 2019-2020 the best year yet!
Administration is working diligently this summer to prepare for the new school year and we believe you will appreciate the work that is taking place! Our desire is to communicate with our LCS families every step of the way and with that goal in mind, I wanted to send a quick update.
1. Faces of Lakeway - Our enrollment is steady and our faculty positions are nearly completely filled. One of our areas of emphasis this summer is rounding out our staff with new faculty members that can help achieve our goals to raise the academic level of expectation. Along with this comes a great deal of professional learning that will allow us to continue to focus on best practices for both schools. Please take a few minutes to learn more about our staff as they are highlighted in the “Faces of Lakeway” segment in each E-WeekLy. We will also inform you of adjustments within our operational structure as they are implemented. Furthermore, advances in our curriculum and instructional practice will be shared along the way and at back-to-school orientation events (click here for school calendar).
2. Dress Code - We have made a few adjustments to the dress code for the 2019-20 school year. These changes include encouraging school spirit as school-branded outerwear may now be worn! Please be aware of all dress code requirements as they must be adhered to for the coming school year (click here for dress code).
3. Lakeway Christian Academy campus dedication - On July 14th you’re invited to the campus of Lakeway Christian Academy at 2:00 p.m. for a time of prayer and dedication of the new facility. Have in mind a scripture to write on the floor to serve as a cornerstone for who we have been, who we are, and who we will always be…a distinguished Christian school.
4. Move in transition - As we are ready to move in to the new campus, we will announce the move with specific details and a “move in” opportunity that will be exciting and comfortable for everyone that is making that transition. Stay tuned as that day approaches!
5. Starting the school year at Cornerstone - We will be strategic as we plan for all LCS students to start within the building of Cornerstone Academy. This summer, the facility is undergoing specific preparations for the new campus delay. Our focus is respect and responsibility as we encourage an orderly start to the school year. Please watch for more details as we outline opportunities to connect and prepare for the exciting year ahead of us!
It's great to be in the Lakeway family!
Faces of Lakeway
Jon and Kasey Harkness
Bible and MS Science Teacher
Son: James (18 months)
"My husband and I were really inspired by the mission and vision set forth for Lakeway Christian Schools, and are so excited to be a part of it!"
Combined 18 years of teaching experience - most recently Village Christian Academy
Kasey's favorite Bible verse -
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Jon's favorite Bible verse -
"For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:5
Visit the Back-to-School page on the website for all the latest!
As mentioned in Mr. Denny's "Mid-Summer Update" above, this week's information include Dress Code, faculty and transition notes.
2019-20 Supply Lists and Spirit Wear Orders coming next week!
The Freedom Festival in White Pine is in need of some volunteers. There are set-up opportunities on Thursday, July 3 at 12 p.m. and then the event will take place from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Thursday, July 4. Duties will include inflatables, face painting, serving food, clean-up and other things as needed. Any Lakeway HS students interested, please contact Lyn Jenkins.
For all Lakeway students, grades 6-12, who are interested in cheering for the football season this upcoming school year, please contact Coach Elan Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The S'more you read the S'more the Learn!
Don't forget to be working through your S'mores Summer Reading Challenge Flipbook! Students who submit a completed flipbook at the start of the 2019-20 school year will win a free dress day and S’mores with Dr. Long!