Two More Weeks to Save!
Re-enroll before April 15 to take advantage of the $160 enrollment fee (a 20% discount). Contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
Enrollment is also open for NEW students (PreK - 12th grade) for 2019-20 school year. For more information on the admissions process, visit the admissions page of our website.
Join our Team
Lakeway Christian Schools is seeking qualified individuals to fill some key positions on campus and have posted all employment opportunities on our website.
If you or someone you know might be interested in joining our team and serving the LCS community, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are a few immediate needs:
- EQUIP Tutors: Some college experience and/or an associate’s degree is required.
- Substitute Teachers - LCA: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and it’s preferred that they also have some education experience, but not required. Certification or experience in 6-8th or 9-12th grades is beneficial. This is a part-time position with flexible hours, and a background check is required.
- Night Janitor: Looking for a full time (40 hours) janitor for all school needs. Hours would typically be 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and would require flexibility as other needs arise. Candidate must also be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Bus Drivers: We are in URGENT need of drivers with a CDL license to drive the bus for field trips and special events. If interested, please contact the office immediately.
For a full list of employment opportunities and more details on the above listings, click here.
We want YOU to Join!
The PTF has purchased a new shade for the front playground that will be installed when the weather cooperates. Look for it to be coming soon!
Staff Appreciation Month
It’s that time of year again where we get the privilege of blessing our staff for all they do for our children throughout the school year! The staff will also be loved on each Wednesday. The schedule is as follows:
April 3 - Lakeway Luncheon (provided by LCS parents, click here to donate or volunteer)
April 10 - Lemonade and Cookie Snack provided by Chick-fil-A
April 17 - Breakfast provided by PTF
April 24 - Here’s the Scoop Ice Cream party provided by PTF
STEAM Night (grades Pre-K-5):
Thursday, April 4, 5:00-7:00 pm - STEAM Night - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math
It will be a fun-filled night of hands-on activities and games for you and your children to enjoy.
Lunch Orders Due (Monday, April 1)
Click here to view the April menu and a list of the most commonly purchased à la carte items that we have available. These can be charged to your account as students go through the lunch line, or they can be pre-ordered.
A few updates were made in the ordering system to streamline the list by category. New items include Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars, Strawberry Yogurt Chex, and Quaker Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars.
If you need help ordering lunch or have any questions, please email email@example.com.
FUNDRAISER - SHOPWITHSCRIP: Wednesday, April 3 Deadline
Scrip orders and payment are due Wednesday, April 3. Your orders and payment can be placed online or sent to school with your child. Checks need to be made payable to LCS with ‘Scrip’ written in the memo line. Physical cards can be picked up at school on Wednesday, April 10. Thank you for your participation with Scrip!
Click here to place your order: www.shopwithscrip.com
Contact Lynnsey Porter with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACT Testing (grade 11): Tuesday, April 2, 8:00 am
During the week of testing, your child should:
- Get plenty of rest!
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Arrive at school on time! The test begins first thing in the morning.
- Be present each day. Avoid doctor and dentist appointments on this day.
- Bring an approved calculator. Visit www.act.org for details.
LCA is excited to announce that Tony DeAngelo has been hired as the school's first wrestling coach.
Click here to read more.
Fun Run Design a Shirt Contest Winner
Cornerstone Students participated in a "Design a Shirt Contest" for the Warrior Fun Run shirt. Each classroom submitted two finalists and a panel of judges voted on the top three this week. Congratulations to all who participated in the contest.
The winner of the design contest - 4th grader Ava Kelly!
Click here to register for the Fun Run. Students who register for the Fun Run and earn at least $20 in pledged sponsor money will receive a complimentary Fun Run Shirt wtih Ava's winning design!